Black&White Challenge: Modern Architecture

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to the first edition of this challenge!

There have always been subjects that do much better in black and white than in color. Images in black and white are often simpler in design and more focused on the essence, without too much distraction. The contrasts between light and dark can also be very beautiful and appeal to the viewer more than with color work. Modern architecture has a lot to give to better learn or perfectionate your black and white images.

This challenge is a fun thing, no competition, no prizes, but hopefully a lot of learning, experimenting and also experiencing how others approach a theme. Every digital photographer and film photographer can participate with as many photos as desired during each challenge. The starting point of this challenge is learning to "see, think and design" in black and white and not just converting color photos into black and white...

Last edited:
Not sure if I've got the hang of this, but I had fun taking several shots of the Central Embassy building in Bangkok, then converting them to black and white using a red filter to darken the sky, then putting them together.

pixlr_20200108020604913.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have a foot sprain, and I’m keeping off of it as much as possible (so I couldn’t go to the one place I wanted to for this challenge).

But, I tried to make the best of a bad situation in the house.

Angles
by Wade, on Flickr

Unfortunately, I have a foot sprain, and I’m keeping off of it as much as possible (so I couldn’t go to the one place I wanted to for this challenge).

Angles
by Wade, on Flickr

Sorry to hear that, I just spent 5 days in the hospital due to pneumonia, so I put the challenge online a day earlier (45 minutes before I was admitted) because I knew I'd to stay, but given the limited interest - contrary to the previous enthusiasm - I could have waited quietly until today, after my release from the hospital. I very much like your photos!

Angles
by Wade, on Flickr

Sorry to hear that, I just spent 5 days in the hospital due to pneumonia, so I put the challenge online a day earlier (45 minutes before I was admitted) because I knew I'd to stay, but given the limited interest - contrary to the previous enthusiasm - I could have waited quietly until today, after my release from the hospital. I very much like your photos!
Thanks for the kind words on my photos!

Sorry to hear about your pneumonia, but I’m glad you’re out of the hospital. I’m also glad you posted when you did. There was considerable interest, and it seemed like a lot of film shooters? Hoping to see more shots next week as people start to develop their film.

I couldn't find it, I swear I looked on here.

Angles
by Wade, on Flickr

Love this

This is a very difficult challenge for people that suck at editing, aka me. However, I have learned a ton and consider this challenge a beautiful exercise to help me advance as a photog. I approached this as an assignment to capture three separate images as opposed to chopping a horrible composition initially. So I thought about it but can't say the results reflect.

GRTRIP.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back