Bloody Needle and more

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by jon_k, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jon_k

jon_k TPF Noob!

North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My father injects testosterone due to an in balance and I found some needles. I was able to talk him into poking himself in the name of macro photography!

This all was taken with an old Olympus OM 50mm macro lens at f/8. Added the old Olympus OM bellows fully extended and came up with this. This is an exciting new world, took me quite a while to amass the equipment to pull this off. I've got a 135mm lens designed for the bellows coming soon. Expect to see more.

[​IMG]

Before the pricking.
    [​IMG]

Toothbrush
    [​IMG]

Twine
    [​IMG]

This OM bellows is capable of producing some fantastic results. This lens was made in 1975. Old stuff good stuff!

2. calculatinginfinity

calculatinginfinity TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i think itd look a bit cooler had you been able to get the whole of the needle in focus. the sharp point of the the needle i figure is what would make the picture because its what makes people feel uneasy about getting shots and all.

3. jon_k

jon_k TPF Noob!

North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
    Photos OK to edit
    Good suggestion. I might prick myself tomorrow and try to bracket the focus and merge in photoshop. With this level of magnification depth of field is razor sharp [pun intended!]

I wanted that drip of blood hanging off the side of the needle in focus, but with the tip in focus, the drip was not. I'll try again. :)

4. TimboAA

TimboAA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've shot using a fixed 50mm OM lens with an extension tube. Perhaps a higher F-stop will work better, I don't know how your lighting is though. One thing I'd like to do when I get a hold of those lenses/extension tubes again is to take some macro shots with a ruler and varying F-stops to figure out how big my DOF can actually be.

I want more of those needles with blood!

5. hawkeye

hawkeye TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Number 1 is great. Mainly because it will cause a strong emotional reaction to a large percentage of people that see it. Personally, it made me cringe just to look at it. And as much as I hate that, thats a strong feeling to get just from looking at photograph. Very powerful. I hate it... but thats why I like it.