Bloody Needle and more

jon_k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My father injects testosterone due to an in balance and I found some needles. I was able to talk him into poking himself in the name of macro photography!

This all was taken with an old Olympus OM 50mm macro lens at f/8. Added the old Olympus OM bellows fully extended and came up with this. This is an exciting new world, took me quite a while to amass the equipment to pull this off. I've got a 135mm lens designed for the bellows coming soon. Expect to see more.

bloodyneedle.jpg

Before the pricking.
needle.jpg

Toothbrush
toothbrush1.jpg

Twine
twine.jpg

This OM bellows is capable of producing some fantastic results. This lens was made in 1975. Old stuff good stuff!

i think itd look a bit cooler had you been able to get the whole of the needle in focus. the sharp point of the the needle i figure is what would make the picture because its what makes people feel uneasy about getting shots and all.

i think itd look a bit cooler had you been able to get the whole of the needle in focus. the sharp point of the the needle i figure is what would make the picture because its what makes people feel uneasy about getting shots and all.

Good suggestion. I might prick myself tomorrow and try to bracket the focus and merge in photoshop. With this level of magnification depth of field is razor sharp [pun intended!]

I wanted that drip of blood hanging off the side of the needle in focus, but with the tip in focus, the drip was not. I'll try again. :)

I've shot using a fixed 50mm OM lens with an extension tube. Perhaps a higher F-stop will work better, I don't know how your lighting is though. One thing I'd like to do when I get a hold of those lenses/extension tubes again is to take some macro shots with a ruler and varying F-stops to figure out how big my DOF can actually be.

I want more of those needles with blood!

Number 1 is great. Mainly because it will cause a strong emotional reaction to a large percentage of people that see it. Personally, it made me cringe just to look at it. And as much as I hate that, thats a strong feeling to get just from looking at photograph. Very powerful. I hate it... but thats why I like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back