Blured part of image

vuk8691

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! I 've got Canon 350 d and I have a problem! Some of my images have a blured part. It happens periodical and always at the same part.

What could be the problem?

I don't know why you posted this in the critique forum, but.......It could be several reasons, and you should always post a picture along with your post when you have a question of this nature. Otherwise, we are just guessing.

I don't know why you posted this in the critique forum, but.......It could be several reasons, and you should always post a picture along with your post when you have a question of this nature. Otherwise, we are just guessing.

How can I upload image?

I'm sorry, but I can't see anything blurry in that small image. Can you provide a 100% crop of the area in question?

AHA!

I think I've got it.

Your asking why things get progressively blurry after the first building on the left?

According to what I see on the picture, you used a Canon 350D at 1/125th of a second, the focal length was 17mm and the fstop was set at 13.0 (probably automatically by the camera).

What you need to do is get MORE of the image in focus, and you can do that my changing the fstops, allowing in LESS light during the snap... you should really read up on how this affects your pictures.

If you want to reshoot this, go into MANUAL MODE on the camera, adjust the fstop as high as it can go (f22 I imagine) and then adjust the shutter speed to adjust for the decrease in light. Alternatively, use the mode on the camera for landscapes, it may help some.

AHA!

I think I've got it.

Your asking why things get progressively blurry after the first building on the left?

According to what I see on the picture, you used a Canon 350D at 1/125th of a second, the focal length was 17mm and the fstop was set at 13.0 (probably automatically by the camera).

What you need to do is get MORE of the image in focus, and you can do that my changing the fstops, allowing in LESS light during the snap... you should really read up on how this affects your pictures.

If you want to reshoot this, go into MANUAL MODE on the camera, adjust the fstop as high as it can go (f22 I imagine) and then adjust the shutter speed to adjust for the decrease in light. Alternatively, use the mode on the camera for landscapes, it may help some.
Could the scratch on the lens be a problem?

No, not for blurring. The blurring I am talking about is a designed feature of the lens.

At f13 and 17mm everything beyond 0.74m to infinity will be in sharp focus. I don't see anything that isn't sharp in this image.

In some cases if you are close to your subject with a larger aperture (smaller f number) then you will get an out of focus part in front and beyond the point of focus (focal plane).

This is an effect called the "depth of field" read up on this through google.

Regards
Jim

I cannot access the first image (removed?) but in the second image between the left half and left third, there are blurry streaks in the image, which could be grease on the sensor. ever touched the sensor?

you can see it best on the tree in the background and on part of the roof next to that tree.

apart from that it appears to have all the depth of field you need.

Your camera has poltergeists like imageshake has spams. (This is no offense, imageshake really pops up all over like five times when I click picture.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back