Boats!

Gotta love ships!

4788436347_5095b3b302_o.jpg

A couple of Boats taken from my trip to the west coast of Scotland a couple of weeks ago ....

1. The Vital Spark was a famous Boat here in Scotland, and was used in a comedy series on TV for many years !!

t00mkh.jpg

2. 196 Kanawha, an American naval ship on a secret mission !!!!!

15kbgi.jpg

Oyster Bay, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Tanzania-Oyster-Bay-5-XL.jpg

Tanzania-Oyster-Bay-2a-XL.jpg

Tanzania-Oyster-Bay-9-XL.jpg

Tanzania-Oyster-Bay-4-XL.jpg

Tanzania-Oyster-Bay-7a-XL.jpg

cc

A couple of boats that certainly aren't going anywhere anymore ...................

4803151405_35ecf525fe_b.jpg

5667746756_7e130165d7_b.jpg

Hey there mischele,

The story all started with a 3 hour tour, a three hour tour.......

LOL, I couldn't resist the Gilligan's Island joke! The boat kinda reminds me of the Minnow!

This boat is located in the small town of Inverness Ca, which is just north of San Francisco. A good buddy of mine and I had planned to shoot the Blue Angels at Fleetweek that weekend, but we decided to head away from the crowds instead. We saw pics of this boat in our searches of Google/Flickr etc and decided this would be our first stop. We arrived just before sunrise as planned and it was so foggy we barely found it. We unpacked and spent over an hour shooting it. The lighting changed from completely foggy, to what you see here, to completely sunny and washed out.

I don't know the complete history on the boat, but apparently is was built somewhere around 1951 and it has been stranded on this sandbar so long that it has become a tourist destination for the little town.

We got really lucky with the warm lighting as the sun started to come up over the hills opposite the bay and burn off the fog.

Cheers,

~Sheltiefan

Maui, Hawaii. 2008.

DSC_0507.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back