Boring/Messed up shots C&C welcome, but not necessary

ShutterSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Teresina, Brazil otherwise known as the End of the
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. It was too cold to go outside. It was late, so I decided to do something really lame. But I like how it came out. Do rocking chairs every feel lonely?
Lonelychair.jpg

2. I screwed this one up. All I did was change the white balance to tungsten...and it seemed kind of artsy-fartsy. So i thought I'd share.
jan92009_20.jpg

chop off the whole left side of the first photo....just barely past the chair arm so there isnt so much wasted space

Rocking chairs are always depressing to me, probably because the only time I see them are when mad old people are just chillen... Now I just look at the chair and theres nobody there so I can assume death. haha wierd.

on a rocking chair I would not crop that tight if the original had more space. would be nice to have it lit in the middle and the darker floor around. also would change the angle to shoot the chair at 45 degrees, not the front - than it would feel much lonelier IMHO

I like the second shot

They are good for just messing around, I like the rocking chair one.

Long exposure light experiments?

What kind of lighting are you using?

Is the rocking chair shot really 32 seconds? Why so long? What were you doing? Were you walking around the chair and lighting it from different sides?

For the tire/wheel well shot, what kind of light are you using to light paint with? A LED flashlight of some kind? Cool effect.

Long exposure light experiments?

What kind of lighting are you using?

Is the rocking chair shot really 32 seconds? Why so long? What were you doing? Were you walking around the chair and lighting it from different sides?

For the tire/wheel well shot, what kind of light are you using to light paint with? A LED flashlight of some kind? Cool effect.

yes,it was light painting. i was using the same LED flashlight in both shots. In the tire shot, i was really trying to create a "glow" around the tire...and it didnt really work out. the only thing that made it better was changing the white balance to tungsten which saturated with blue.

the chair was just me walking around it with a flashlight.. i edited out my daughter's toys in the background in the shadows.

both are excellent, especially making two boring objects have some character.

Love the second! It looks like a poster for some styling or so. The first is really artistic to me, it makes you think!Would not crop it either, the space makes it look more lonely!

Love the second! It looks like a poster for some styling or so. The first is really artistic to me, it makes you think!Would not crop it either, the space makes it look more lonely!

I agree. I thought that the same thing about the first. The second one was intended to be something different -...but still kind of liked it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back