Boys best friend... C&C

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was at cheer practice, just wanted to capture they fun they were having. :)
IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

just wanted to capture they fun they were having.
They don't really look like they're having much fun.
In #2 and #3, the boy is standing/crouching waiting for the dog to make a move. #3 is a cute moment... but it doesn't scream fun.
#4 has potential, but I can't see the boy's face. And it would look more fun if the dog was paying attention to the kid, rather than staring at the bright light shining in his face.
#1 is not PG-13. I would delete it.

Two things with all of these images: The boy's expression is, IMO, the main issue. If he was smiling/laughing it would make all the difference. Second, the busy backgrounds with cars, fences, etc are also very detracting. When you have the luxury of moving around, use it to advantage and select bland, homogenous, non-distracting backgrounds. I would also suggest perhaps a minor brightening.

I totally understand about the background, but unfortunately we didn't have much of a choice. Busy roads on two sides. A parking lot on one and cheerleading practice on the last. :/

By the time I noticed the dog (I was taking pics of the cheerleaders) they were both almost worn out. Perhaps saying trying to catch the fun was the wrong set of words.

I totally understand about the background, but unfortunately we didn't have much of a choice. Busy roads on two sides. A parking lot on one and cheerleading practice on the last. :/

By the time I noticed the dog (I was taking pics of the cheerleaders) they were both almost worn out. Perhaps saying trying to catch the fun was the wrong set of words.

Use a longer lens and its widest aperture
This is F5 @ 70mm, you don't need to use F2.8 or lower
974051803_VqbPG-L.jpg

I'm not sure what your point was because I only have the 18-55 lens.

It doesn't really look like your quote fits what you had to say with your picture.

I'm not sure what your point was because I only have the 18-55 lens.

It doesn't really look like your quote fits what you had to say with your picture.

I thought you had a 55-200, just showing you that you can blur the background with a longer lens, but i wont bother next time

I was only saying that I didn't get what you were going for in your post, but thanks for clearing it up. No need to be offended.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back