The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Red Emma's is a worker cooperative and family of projects dedicated to autonomy, sustainability, participatory democracy, and solidarity. Since 2004, our space has been a grassroots answer to the collapse of civic infrastructure, a radical gathering place and experiment in self-organized education, all made possible by a horizontally organized collective of folks who own the underlying business cooperatively. We also serve some amazing ethically sourced food and a fine cup of transparently traded coffee.
My favorite place for breakfast or coffee in Baltimore. A friendly diverse staff and clientelle and the best pastries I've ever had.

upload_2016-11-13_12-12-5.png

They don't like Trump?

What's their typical breakfast?

Red Emma's: Menu

Great coffee, anything baked is out of this world.
I had waffles and bananas this AM.

Clientele is probably 25% local working class, 25% students from MICA and the other 50% teachers and artists from the adjacent universities and arts district. This neighborhood has a lot of poor working people and they can get a place to sit and wait for the bus with a cup of hot something and food. In the four years I've been going (~3 times/month) the closest I've seen to any issue was when a pleasant but delusional guy was pan-handling. That was resolved in a minute.

My guess is that the neighborhood might seem intimidating but I've never had any problems. People are people and generally return civility and respect with civility and respect.

There is a great and kindly activity going. Any patron can buy tokens that are good for coffee and other items and the tokens sit in a tray at the order spot.

Most reactions

Back