Busy week of portraits...

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a long time since I've been around AND it's been an even busier week. :mrgreen: I guess that's a good thing. Hi everyone!!!

CRW_0420e.jpg

CRW_0428e.jpg

CRW_0405e.jpg

Lucas2e-1.jpg

standinge.jpg

CRW_9570b.jpg

Fancy seeing you here! There are all great, but #3, 4 & 5 really stand out for me! I hope you'll be sharing more often :D

3 & 4 delicious.... nothing sweeter than lil baby tootsies.... can i ask did you use a 'lensbaby' (which i know nothing about btw!) a BIG aperture or did you photoshop? Looks great x

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm hoping to be around a bit more often. :biggrin:

To answer your question Jemmy, the tootsie shot was taken in full shade with a Canon 10D, 24-70 f2.8 L set at 58mm, ISO 100, 1/200 shutter speed at f2.8 in RAW. Only photoshop work was to adjust the temperature - it needed warming up a bit because I had taken it under a blue EZ-Up canopy and to resize for web.

Nice series, Tammy. :D I vote for 3, 4 and 5.
The images could use some sharpening, to bring out the contrast.

danalec99 said:
Nice series, Tammy. :D I vote for 3, 4 and 5.
The images could use some sharpening, to bring out the contrast.

All but the last one was sharpened. Any ideas how to make them pop more? My PS skills are severely lacking. :(

Do you shoot in RAW? I've found since switching to RAW I can adjust the contrast more precisely.

I love the photo of the baby and father. I like the angle too because it gives the photo more of a dramatic look. Excellent job.

What a photographic bunch. The last one is especially sweet :)

One of my favourite tricks in photoshop, which is extremely easy, is to add a slightly 'velvia' look. I made an action by opening Channel Mixers:

Output Channel Red:
Red: 110%
Green: -5%
Blue: -5%

Output Channel Green:
Red: -5%
Green: 110%
Blue: -5%

Output Channel Blue:
Red: -5%
Green: -5%
Blue: 110%

Press "OK" and it just adds that little extra something. Sometimes I even run a photo through it two or three times for that 'pop'

photogoddess said:
All but the last one was sharpened. Any ideas how to make them pop more? My PS skills are severely lacking. :(
I'm sure Brit's tips above will be helpful. I also agree with Alison's suggestion to play with the RAW file.

This is what I'd do with the Jpeg file (I'm referring to the last file) as it is:

+Highlight/Shadows:
Kill the Highlight
Lift the Shadow

+Curves:
A slight lift

+Brightness & contrast:
Move the contrast slider up a bit

+Finally - KPD Magic Sharpen - It's a sharpening action from Kubota Tools. Just one click. No more breaking my head on the mysteries of UnSharp Mask.

OR

+Highlight/Shadows:
Reduce the Highlights to around 35-ish (let your eyes be the guide)
Lift the Shadow

+Brightness & contrast:
Move the contrast slider up a bit

+KPD Magic Sharpen

I've made some adjustments using your specs and some noise ninja (haven't invested in Kubota YET) and am going to send them off to WHCC to see how they look in print. Thanks for the tips. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back