C&C from today

alarionov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I cant believe how difficult I found this to be only in the sense that I must have shot 80 pictures to get something even close to decent. Any suggestions on how to improve on the next ones? thanks
3240433162_05035dddd4_b.jpg

3239596987_0f7ef8870f_b.jpg

Even after noise reduction in photo shop there is still a lot of noise.

ISO 400
F5.6
1/200

What kind of light source were you using? Did you use a flash?

To help reduce the noise you need to bring the ISO down and make sure you have enough light to get a good exposure.

And if the image has noise try to limit the amount of sharpening you apply as sharpening will exaggerate the noise that's there.

yea you should have used a flash. I tried drops and gave up :p only had some keepers. BTW what r u using to make the drops?

What kind of light source were you using? Did you use a flash?

To help reduce the noise you need to bring the ISO down and make sure you have enough light to get a good exposure.

And if the image has noise try to limit the amount of sharpening you apply as sharpening will exaggerate the noise that's there.

I used the on camera flash

yea you should have used a flash. I tried drops and gave up :p only had some keepers. BTW what r u using to make the drops?
I used the on camera flash which lead to a lot of glare in some of the photos. I was using the kitchen faucet.

which lens and setup did you use to get it so lighted

I used the on camera flash
Since you're using the pop-up flash you can set the ISO to 100. You'll also want to turn down the flash exposure compensation to reduce the flash output so that your picture don't get blown out (I'm guessing you're pretty close to the action so you don't need a lot of flash). You might even want to put something in front of the flash to help diffuse it a bit. Tracing paper or even a piece of white plastic grocery bag would work. Leave the shutter speed at 1/200. Set focus manually.

Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back