C&C Photos

Lamasu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They all suck.. No just kidding, I like the very last two. 3 is good even with the branch intruding in the picture. #4 I think Is your best picture.

#27 I like the warm tone, and the sense of depth that you have here, although the sky does look a bit too yellow. I'm undecided if something more like the tone you used in #9 would work better here or not. Regardless, this subject has an interesting feel that is augmented by the tone. However, to my eye this seems a little heavy on the left side.

#9 Again, the warm tone works well here, as does the soft focus – good choices there. I like the top to bottom balance you here as well. At least on my monitor there is banding in the sky, which detracts from the overall impression, and the tree in the upper left has to go. When I look at this my eye wants to roam back and forth across the tree line, but the weight of those branches keep pulling me back there instead.

#5 At first I was not as moved by this one as the others, but it's growing on me. The cold tone may not work as well with this subject - as presented here - as the warm tone did in the other two, but with a little work it might. I think that the tree (left of middle) might be too close, but if it were a little farther out it might be present a much stronger composition. Also, that over hanging branch is distracting (see comments above) and would probably best be left out. It does balance the larger tree to some extent, but it pulls my eye out of the rest of the image.

#17 This one is well balanced, and the warm tone works well with the softness to give a dreamy feel. The foreground tree works well here because it creates a frame for the image with the trunk on the right and the leaves on the left. I like the way the road leads my eye into the image and the sense of depth that creates. The sky, as with #9 shows some banding, but other than that this one is really interesting.

- Randy

Thank you very much for your input gentlemen. This feedback will help me increase my knowledge of photography and hopefully refine my skills, as I am very new to the field. Thanks again..

Paul

i like the first one. I do agree that the sky is a tad too yellow, but I like the way the pile of ?compost? leads the eye down the picture, getting that depth. At least it does my eye.

I really liked the first (27) and 4th (17) the best. I liked the yellowish sepia tint in 27, it gave it a really cool old fashioned kind of feel. # 17 is kind of peeking out from behind the tree and has a good sense of depth. I really liked those two and didn't care too much for the other two (but they weren't bad either).

Most reactions

Back