C&C please

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beginner here, this was one of my first trips out with the new 50D

3653300633_2d11ae3855_b.jpg

I don't like the angle with the lighting. There are shadows in odd places that seem to remove from the lines of the bridge.

The choice of angle (looking up) with that tree in the background is a bit odd... as the tree kinda distracts from the overall image.

You should try things at different, non standard angles to challenge your photography comfort zone. Get under the bridge and look for some interesting patern or lines. Get aliong the bridge and angle so it goes off in the distance.
Go back on a great day with poofy clouds.

When I take photos of places like this, I make myself take 10 different pictures... either different angles, settings on my camera or what not. one is never enough.
It will help you see things in a different way

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I definitely was wishing that there was more color in the sky.

Unfortunately the shore line does not make this bridge very accessible. I had to kick my shoes off, roll up my pants, and setup the tripod in the water to get this shot, and this was probably the easiest spot to get to. I like what you said about taking shots from 10 different angles, I'll start doing that.

This bridge is only a few miles from my house so I know I'll be back for more, I'll just need to be better prepared to walk around in the water. Sometimes theres some really nice low-lying early morning fog here that I'll try to get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back