C&C Rose Photos

I'm sorry. What I was wondering is like for example if a Nikon camera is the same, where on the "M"(manual) setting the exposure is automatically set based on where your shutter speed and aperture settings are?

I'm sorry. What I was wondering is like for example if a Nikon camera is the same, where on the "M"(manual) setting the exposure is automatically set based on where your shutter speed and aperture settings are?

The combination of shutter speed and aperture is what creates the exposure. Provided that M = the ability to adjust the shutter speed and aperture then yes. Some P&S cameras have M modes which dont allow those settings to be changed.

Ohhh ok! That makes sense. I was beginning to think that was the case, but wasn't for sure. I've got a lot to learn, but that's why I am glad I'm here.

For the most part, though I'm not sure if sensor size has anything to do with it also? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me knows that one. I know with a point and shoot, even in M mode, an f5.6 aperture is different than an f5.6 on a dslr. It's more like an f11 or smaller.

Beautiful roses.

For the most part, though I'm not sure if sensor size has anything to do with it also? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me knows that one. I know with a point and shoot, even in M mode, an f5.6 aperture is different than an f5.6 on a dslr. It's more like an f11 or smaller.

Beautiful roses.

Sensor size shouldnt matter sensor sensitivity and quality will. Sensitivity is basically your ISO setting. As far as the thing goes with the aperture that you were talking about I am not quite sure where that came from. If your talking about comparing the opening at 5.6 on a P&S being = to F11 on DSLR maybe in physical size they may be close but its probably going to be about the same as far as % of space opened. Look at a Telephoto f2.8 lens vs say a 50mm F2.8. They are the same f stop but the opening on say a 300mm telephoto at 2.8 is giong to be much bigger than the one on a 50mm open to 2.8. I think anyway. I am sure (I know) someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Hey Chris those are all nice shots and #2 is off the chain I really like that one nice work.....I need to get some macro gear.....

You know, I just used the Canon 18 - 55mm kit lens with my XSi. I want some better macro gear!

Here's a possible idea I have for something like this, or any of my future macro shots.
RoseWallMount.jpg

I love #2. I mean I can actually feel the texture of the petals as I look at the photo. Just Awesome. You did this with the kits lens?

Yes, just with the Canon 18-55mm kit lens which makes me more than excited to see what I can do with a better lens. I am going to get a good macro lens when the summer hits. I will have big bills paid by then plus the pretty stuff will start growing and coming out to visit so I will take even more pictures then. Hopefully they come out as good if not possibly better than this.

Most reactions

Back