C & C - Senior Portraits

aviator68

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 5 shots from shoot I did with CrimsonandWhite this weekend - critique welcomed.
362896033_Eqpjf-M.jpg

362905893_xgSry-M.jpg

362889996_HqS49-M.jpg

362919045_r3cRe-M.jpg

362924439_Y7XeU-M.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
i personally like all of them, though on photo 2, could be just me but it just seems like to much green in the shot and the girl tends to fade into the picture, but thats just me. my favorites are 1 & 5

They all look great. No major critiques. Only number 5. The stone structure in the background creates a kind of awkward flow to the image. Probably nothing the subject of the photo would notice, but perhaps could have been a bit better.

PS- she's a senior? really?

i think you did a great job! #3 and #4 are my favorite.

C&C per req:

1. Main issue here is the angle; whether you like angles or not is purely a personal taste, but when you have something that is supposed to be vertical and isn't (the tree) it impinges on the overall image. As well, the lighting is a bit harsh; perhaps a diffuser to reduce the bright area around her lower torso?

2. Not bad; the skin tone is a bit warm, and she appears slightly over-exposed. How often are you shooting a white-card?

3. Again, slightly warm looking skin, and a preponderance of vertical elements; I think this image needs more area to the right; what is she looking at?

4. Nice casual pose, but again, harsh lighting image left, and shadow image right. I'm not sure that I like the way her feet are positioned with her right not being visible, and her left partly hidden.

5. A classic pose, and well executed; needs leveling, and and again harsh lighting, but not too bad.

Overall, nice images; two main issues are leveling and exposure. These look like they shot too close to mid-day; ideally, 8-9.00am would be the time for best light

Good work, keep at it.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back