bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I drive up to the parking lot by the Jetty's store at the St Andrews State Park, in Panama City Beach, Fl, get out my camera gear and I hear this roar of a very close to the ground, rather large aircraft. I had no time to do anything but back off 600mm to 320mm and make three exposures as this C130 came roaring by at, oh, I'd say maybe 300 feet up. I wish I'd had the time to slow the shutter for some proper prop blur but honestly only had just enough time to make three quick clicks.

C130-Saying-a-Close-Up-Hello.jpg

Incredible photo! She's a hell of a bird! Riding in the back, packed nut-to-butt with 50 marines isn't fun but she's got some incredible capabilities.

Last edited:
Nice. We see them often as we're just northwest of Biloxi's Keesler Air Force Base, their home. They often conduct low altitude training flights over us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Incredible photo! She's a hell of a bird! Riding in the back, packed nut-to-but with 50 marines isn't fun but she's got some incredible capabilities.
Still more comfortable (and with better amenities) than Air Canada! :irked:

So, I drive up to the parking lot by the Jetty's store at the St Andrews State Park, in Panama City Beach, Fl, get out my camera gear and I hear this roar of a very close to the ground, rather large aircraft. I had no time to do anything but back off 600mm to 320mm and make three exposures as this C130 came roaring by at, oh, I'd say maybe 300 feet up. I wish I'd had the time to slow the shutter for some proper prop blur but honestly only had just enough time to make three quick clicks.

View attachment 99511
I think it's great with the blur on the props as is. Was lucky enough to see one with the rocket assist years ago, fun to see..

Good job!

Almost every Friday, between 11AM and 12PM, two C-130's make a low level high performance S-turn over my house! I LOVE it, but in years have never managed to capture them when it happens. You grabbed it in a few seconds, lol.

I rode to Europe and back on a C130.
It is very cold and incredibly loud and the web seats are truly uncomfortable.
It is so loud that even shouting in your neighbor's ear didn't work yet the crew chief has a sound system for announcements that can be heard over the motors.

Most reactions

Back