Cable Release

Metimbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
home.midsouth.rr.com
I've decided that I need a cable release.
I was looking at this one on Amazon.com:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000XMUL4/qid=1081452767/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/104-5970436-5464721?v=glance&s=photo]Amazon Cable Release[/ame]

This will be used on my Fuji S7000. On the shutter release, there is a screw hole where it looks like one can be attached. I'm assuming this is standard.

Suggestions?
~Tim

You can get a 20" cable release cheaper at Adorama or your local camera store.

Metimbo said:
I'm assuming this is standard.

I thought it would be a standard thread too, but strangely enough I bought a cable release for my Minolta from a large chain photo stop and it didnt fit :?

In the light of the two posts above mine, I think the best thing to do is take your camera into a camera shop and try a flex shutter release there, before buying on line. Sort of like buying shoes on line, if they don't fit then you send them back at your expense. You're going to end up paying more that way (on line) for something like that, especially when you don't know if it fits or not. Usually, the flex shutter release will fit about 95% of the cameras, save for a few different ones (Leica RF, Canon RF, Hasselblad ELM and ELX, newer autofocus cameras like Pentax PZ series).

Good luck.

hi guys

cable-releases lol .. the ongoing mystery in my world :0)

its taken a while to find myself one which lasts for longer than
10 minutes use. i think ive realised you have to treat them / store them with care as many are easily made defective by getting a kink in the
business end of the cable. when i go in camera shops, they usually
fetch out some old box or drawer of all kinds in a pile and you
have a rummage through. all i can say is the 'fabric-sleeved ones are useless IME, the long steel floppy ones are almost 'ok'. i have one at the moment which is really thick (like powercord insulated) and it works nice
without seizing up.

ill post a picture here

cablerelease.jpg

Man, that's a serious cable release! :shock:

Hmm, I've had my little one for oh 15 years and not had any problems with it, except I lost the top so it's kinda pokey. Had my 20' air release the same...

hahaha i know ! where does it come from i wonder (?)
maybe its from a submarine :0p... or its for dentist -photographers i'm unsure :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back