Cactus

Mo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.themotec.com
I really like the colors in this one, but it might be a bit too dark. What do you think?

Cactus4.jpg

I didn't crop it in order to maintain the same aspect ratio.

For more galleries, visit my new photo site at http://www.mosphotos.com

I like the colour of the sky. I think it could have been better if the cactus was either to the left or the right. It's nice though.

Oh. I though the colors were really good, just too dark.

I'll see if I can make it better in Photoshop.

Monitors just do not do justice to most photos. I have a new LCD at home and personally prefer the look of photos on LCD. Do not like glossy whites myself.

Smidge dark for me too mate. I don't think I would increase the saturation much tho - I like the colours as they are - I'd use levels personally.

I've already edited the levels some, but I tried editing saturation too(I undid it of course) and it didn't look too good. I guess that only more level edits will work.. I'll see if I can make it look better.

I like the colours in the 2nd one more, it looks great. The 1st one was a little dark.

I would also like to see one where the cactus isn't smack bang in the middle.

Here it is:

[Edit] Whoops! Looks like you posted before me! This is a version in which the cactus is a bit off to the site.

About your edit: I think it is good but a little too bright, and my focus jumps to the bush beside the cactus, not the cactus itself. How did you make it? :) I basically only used levels on my edits.

Cactus5.jpg

Mo said:
Here it is:

[Edit] Whoops! Looks like you posted before me! This is a version in which the cactus is a bit off to the site.

About your edit: I think it is good but a little too bright, and my focus jumps to the bush beside the cactus, not the cactus itself. How did you make it? :) I basically only used levels on my edits.

Hi Mo....I used shadows/highlights, brightness/contrast and a little unsharp mask.
I've dropped the brightness a little so is this better?

Cactus4%2BPS2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back