Camera and Editing Options

I have decided to get a Nikon D3300 camera. I am a beginner and from everything that I have read, I think this is a good choice for me. It is also in my price range of a budget.

kathy65 said:
So since I am doing mainly engagement, newborn, maternity, and famiy pictures what lenses would I really need?

Perhaps you should take a step back.
You might consider actually learning about photography before you think about making mony at it.

It is a bit like thinking about what your specialty will be, what instruments you will need and where you will practice before you even get admitted to medical school.

So what is the difference between Nikon D3300 DX Digital SLR and the Nikon D3300 Digital SLR?

Also, when you are looking at lenses what does FIXED mean in the descriptions?

So what is the difference between Nikon D3300 DX Digital SLR and the Nikon D3300 Digital SLR?
No difference. They are the same camera.
The Nikon D3300 has an APS-C size image sensor, which Nikon calls it's DX image sensor.
Nikon's calls it's about twice as big, full frame image sensor an FX image sensor.

Some of Nikon's lenses are specifically designed for the smaller DX image sensor, in that those lenses project a smaller than FX, DX size image circle.
Consequently a DX lens used on an FX camera body usually will not fully illuminate the larger FX image sensor.

Digital Camera Sensor Sizes How it Influences Your Photography

Last edited:
That is an example of the retailers not writing everything nor even writing the same things in the same way.

Also, when you are looking at lenses what does FIXED mean in the descriptions?
A "fixed" lens means a non-zoom lens.

As opposed to say; a 18mm - 55mm zoom. Not fixed in focal length.

You could also refer to the "fixed" focal length lenses as "prime", which you will see occasionally.

Is this the correct lens I need for the camera?
Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Standard Lens
I didn't see anyone mention this ... other than identify the 50mm AF-S G lens.

But the "AF-D" lens is not AutoFocus compatible with the d5x00 camera.

The AF-D requires an in-body focus motor which is only in the current Nikon d7x00 and FullFrame cameras. Thus you have to get a AF-S lens which has a focus motor inside of the lens itself.

Most reactions

Back