Câmera Contax D

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi ,
Does anyone know the Camera Contax D lenses zeiss tessar 2.8, German camera made in 1954, I wanted to view it is a good buy for the price of U $ 60.00. Contax in excellent condition.
Thanks .

Not too many hard-core film users here. You might have better luck over at APUG or Forever Film.

The names are links. Just click on 'em and you're there.

I would say that if it is in working condition then it is worthwhile to pick up. My grandfather had a Contax IIIa and it was a beautiful camera, but with a broken shutter so it sat on a shelf in the closet.

I have a Contax F (almost identical). The shutter curtains on mine are nearly transparent with age. If you are wanting to use it factor in a CLA and blind replacement. At 60 years old, you cannot expect it to work well without. Very nice camera, though - well designed and well made.

With so many excellent film cameras available now that are decades newer, why bother with this relic? Sorry but with film camera repair resources vanishing, buying the newest gear you can afford makes sense.

I agree, I also say not to buy this camera if it is to be your only film camera. It is something nice to have as part of a collection of toys.

Your possessions should offer more than mere utility.

With so many excellent film cameras available now that are decades newer, why bother with this relic? Sorry but with film camera repair resources vanishing, buying the newest gear you can afford makes sense.

I have many cameras to film
35mm, medium format and some large format 4 x 5. This contax would be for my collection. Thanks for the comment.

I agree, I also say not to buy this camera if it is to be your only film camera. It is something nice to have as part of a collection of toys.

I have many cameras to film
35mm, medium format and some large format 4 x 5. This contax would be for my collection. Thanks for the comment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back