Camera for My Son!!!

Proud.Dad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I am obviously new to the site as well as photography in a sense not related to point and shoot cameras. I have been wanting to purchase a new camera and got caught up on the Black Friday sales and got a T3..nothing fancy just something to start shooting with. As the title reads I am a new dad I have a 6 month old that is my life so I wanted to capture all I can when I have him so that was what the purchase was for. I hope to learn more about Photography so I have ordered lots of books based on recommendations here and already know what new camera I want next after I learn and do everything within the capabilities of this one. Again just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning lots and being able to take better pictures so I can capture those special moments with my son!

I think that most any DSLR is going to be too advanced for a 6 month old... just kidding :lol:

Congrats on the purchase and the baby boy! With the little guy squirming around, I think the most important purchase you'll make (or should make) would be a hot shoe flash. There are so many things that you can do with one besides just mounting it in the shoe of the camera, but even for something as simple as a quick snap shot of your boy, it can make a tremendous difference by bouncing off a wall or ceiling. It will also give that extra light needed indoors to keep that ISO down and shutter speed up to ensure you've got a noise free, tack sharp photo.

Have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back