Camera store in Chicago

Fabio Secioso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to Chicago in July.

Where can I buy a camera and lens there?

I would like to buy a Nikon D5500 or a Canon T6I/T6S.

Sorry for my english. I am Brazilian.

Thanks!!!!

Central Camera has been around forever. If I went in there I may never want to leave!

Dodd is a regional chain and have stores in my area; they should be fine to buy from.

Ritz is a chain store that in my area are mostly small stores that don't have much.

Calumet got sold I think and isn't the same store it used to be. What I read seemed iffy, I'm not sure what 's going on with them. May not be the best choice.

Have fun in Chicago, I haven't been there in years but a great city.

You might look at their websites to see if they have one of the cameras you're considering. Maybe call before you go to make sure they have one in stock in the store.

Thanks a lot!!!
I have sent a message to Ritz. They don´t have a store there anymore.
I read that calumet was closed this year.

I am going to Chicago and Air Venture in Oshkosh. I am really excited with this vacation!

Thanks!!! I am dreaming with this since when was a teenager!!!

Your better off going to the Best Buy under the John Hancock Center (360 Chicago)875 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, ILJohn Hancock - Retail

Central Camera has limited quantities and generally higher priced I have found , I really dont like Best Buy but bang for your buck its going to be your best bet here in Chicago , Central Camera does have a very good selection of used lenses tho

Procam is out in Aurora. I haven't been to that store, but the one in Detroit is pretty amazing considering what most brick and mortar specialty stores look like today.

Procam is out in Aurora. I haven't been to that store, but the one in Detroit is pretty amazing considering what most brick and mortar specialty stores look like today.
I second that one. Was there around Christmas and it was an amazing store. Very helpful, lots of inventory. Could jump on the Metra train to Aurora I suppose. Get on at Union Station downtown to Aurora. Procam is a 6 mile cab ride from train station.

Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Station

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks!!!!

Isn't Procam more expensive than Best Buy?

On more question..
I saw some packages in internet with i can save some money if i take. Can I find the same packages in the physical stores?

Pro cam should be the same as online retailers. BB may or may not. Considering taxes downtown, PC should yield you better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back