Can anyone explain this please

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, both shots taken in a burst so 1/6th second apart. Exif same on both, same iso, shutter and aperture, but I'm guessing about 1/2 stop difference in exposure even though no difference in exif. Both exported with no adjustments in lightroom just for the question here. Thanks

DSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg

Sticky aperture blades.

480sparky said:
Sticky aperture blades.

That could be. Or some other reason for inconsistent aperture size...at f/7.1, it would not take much variance to create that ever-so-slight degree of exposure variance between two consecutive frames. It also looks to me that the first frame is ever-so-slightly OFF on the focus--look at his hair--and that the second frame is more accurately focused.

Thanks Guys, I haven't really seen any other issues so hopefully its just a fluke and not something tech with my camera or lens

Not that we can pin it down knowing, but what lens was used? Some newer Nikkors have electronically-controlled aperture blades now and don't rely on the mechanical connection with the camera. Not sure if any third-party lenses do this, though.

Metering. A slight difference in focal point will allow the camera to meter the scene differently. Since you were in Auto mode, You've let the camera decide everything.

No two photos will be the same in Auto mode.

It was a tamron 90mm vc. Matrix metering, aperture priority. I don't think the metering matters, all the parameters are the same in both

Most reactions

New Topics

Back