Can I post....

marie1128

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it against the rules or anything to post a photographer's photo from a site (such as facebook or their photography website or just one from Google) on here to ask how a certain way a picture was taken? I would not be claiming it as my own, and there might be a watermark (?) letting everyone know that it belongs to that photographer....

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is against the rules. You can post a link to the photograph but not the photograph itself.

Thank you for asking first. Most people post away without bothering to read the rules or ask.

Thank-you for actually taking the time to find and read the FAQ - something most people don't bother to do! Welcome to TPF!

Yes, it is against the rules. You can post a link to the photograph but not the photograph itself.
Thank you. I feel dumb; I just found the FAQ lol!

Marie, congratulations! You went on one of those United Nations-style FAQ-Finding Missions and had success! The TPF community thanks you, and recognizes your efforts!

Welcome aboard. Kudos for asking and researching first.
:D

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the party!!

Holy crap! She probably uses the search function too!

Hello and welcome to the site!

I tried...I searched for "t5i" and nothing came up (I searched in both the title and full post options)...and then I saw someone asked the same question I did several months ago...I'm not really sure if the search function works....:\

I tried...I searched for "t5i" and nothing came up (I searched in both the title and full post options)...and then I saw someone asked the same question I did several months ago...I'm not really sure if the search function works....:\

Use google, as in google " t5i thephotoforum.com " and then click the "More results from Photoforum.com" and you will get something like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=can...=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1920&bih=1068

Or just use this format in Google: canon t5i site:www.thephotoforum.com (this will search ONLY thephotoforum.com for T5i)

The built in search function requires a fine touch... it can be cranky.

Last edited:

Use google, as in google " t5i thephotoforum.com " and then click the "More results from Photoforum.com" and you will get something like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=can...=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1920&bih=1068

Or just use this format in Google: canon t5i site:www.thephotoforum.com (this will search ONLY thephotoforum.com for T5i)

Thanks a lot! :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Anytime!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back