Canadian Rockies

This is the most expensive one among all giant wheel trucks, mady be Benz.

$DSC_0185.jpg

Moraine Lake in Banff.

Overexposed on the sky. I always feel hands tied at the situation like this. No matter using spot, centreal weight or matrix metering, no matter A or M model, even changing EV white banlance won't help anything.

$DSC_0310.jpg

Overexposed on the sky. I always feel hands tied at the situation like this. No matter using spot, centreal weight or matrix metering, no matter A or M model, even changing EV white banlance won't help anything.

The trick with landscape photography, is to be patient and persistent. If the lighting isn't good, you won't get a great photo....so to get a great photo, you have to wait or come back when the light is better.

The trick with landscape photography, is to be patient and persistent. If the lighting isn't good, you won't get a great photo....so to get a great photo, you have to wait or come back when the light is better.

Totally agree. But you have to admit sometimes you have to take a few shots and head to another place.

I was with a touring group when taking some of the posted pictures, so time was limited at each attraction.

Moraine Lake in Banff.

View attachment 60184

Use HDR or tone mapping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. But you have to admit sometimes you have to take a few shots and head to another place.

I was with a touring group when taking some of the posted pictures, so time was limited at each attraction.

No if the light isn't good you don't have to still take a photo. There is no requirement saying you must fill up your memory card.

The fact that you were with a touring group explains why the lighting is not good. Touring groups don't even start boarding the bus until all the good light is gone. If your planning on taking top quality landscapes then the number one rule is to avoid the touring groups. If your going to be with a touring group don't expect a lot more then tourist pictures because they will never take you places during magic hour.

No if the light isn't good you don't have to still take a photo. There is no requirement saying you must fill up your memory card.

The fact that you were with a touring group explains why the lighting is not good. Touring groups don't even start boarding the bus until all the good light is gone. If your planning on taking top quality landscapes then the number one rule is to avoid the touring groups. If your going to be with a touring group don't expect a lot more then tourist pictures because they will never take you places during magic hour.

Sorry, didn't make myself clearly.

I was one of the tour guides. ^--^ Only a few pictures were taken on that trip.

Otherwise, I went camping with friends and actually made plans for when and where to go to take photos.

Taken last month at Toronto Islands

Forgive the big rock, I was wearing a pair of converse sneakers, hugh hugh mistake, which means I didn't have a lot of choices for framing my pic.

$DSC_5824.jpg

Waiting for sunrise in Drumheller, Alberta
Drumheller is best known for its dinosaur museum.

$DSC_6188.jpg

Most reactions

Back