Candid Friend, C&C appreciated

pomomojo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Highlights were burned intentionally based on a friends recommendation.
With regards to composition, I can't decide whether I prefer having full columns included in the picture or prefer a slightly cropped body.

Cloisters 2nd by pomomojo, on Flickr

This is too busy in my opinion. Didn't even realize there was a person in the frame until the end oft first impression. Too much dead space above her as well.

Agreed. To me, the subject of this photo are the pillars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought up the shadows a little and cropped.

Here's my version:

$14253951228_b74d0a1286_c - Version 2.jpg

Thanks, my original lacked the burned out highlights and I think I like it better. I thought the shadows, columns, and reflections were interesting though I see how they capture the eye more than the person.

I like the original more than the crop, but wonder if there was even more of the scene in the original capture? The odd thing is the window reflection....that is kind of lost in the original. To me the original has some neat things going on, but the missing hand hurts. You mention full columns, which is what makes me ask if there is "more" scene in the original capture; if there is more, I think showing more might be the best course of action. This is an effort to do something a little bit more than the regular old shoot-by-the-numbers, which I applaud.

While I am not a fan of Designer's severe cropping, I DO AGREE--bringing up the shadows on the woman helps, and by quite a bit too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back