Canon 5d Mk iv vs Canon 1d Mk ii.

One last piece of advice on the 1dx mk 2 Scott. Before you buy, price the peripherals. For example, a second battery through Canon cost me $153.00 with discount. An extra charger is closer to $400. Pro camera, pro price. You can find cheaper batteries (even cheaper Canon batteries) that will work in the camera, but you lose the 14 fps.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the 1dx mk 2. It's an awesome camera. These are just some of the things I wish someone had pointed out to me. Would it have changed my mind? Probably not.

Best wishes.

Just got back from Japan not that long ago. I went to camera shop in Tokyo and was looking at 1DX II and also 400mm 2.8 III. (by the way, brane new lens and cameras in Japan are more expensive than in the US) I ran into a nice Japanese gentlemen and we talked about canon quality, Japanese made quality in many other products, and I told him that I am going to get 1Dx II and 400mm 2.8 II or III soon. He said if I can wait a bit and use my 5D III for now then I can get 1DX III in beginning to mid of 2020 and I will be very happy for the wait. Next day I went back to the same place and found out that he is part of Canon management team in Japan but he never tell me that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back