Canon 6D fresh import

I don't know much about the import stuff and what not, but you will love your 6D. Congrats.

that is strange. just clicked on some of the other cameras on the link and it seems they all might be "factory fresh import models". whats going on over there. And if you read through they supposedly have wifi so im lost...

Sometimes the retailer will give you a warranty on gray market items, though. But you definitely need to check and confirm that, and it would be their repair people not Canon's fixing it, who may be less knowledgeable or end up having to keep it longer or whatever (probably fine though in most cases).

I would not want Abe's fixing my camera !

Last edited:
It means grey market no USA warranty go check out B@H Photo the put Abe's to shame !!!!!!!

I've placed numerous orders with both businesses. Haven't had a real issue with either.

Sometimes Abe's has a better price than B&H and vice versa.

Update. Abe's called me, spoke to one of their reps.

He informed me that the import model is NOT built along side the USA model. He said it has an inferior body to the US model. Plastic vs magnesium I believe is what he said.

Whether or not that was BS idk. It was enough to spook me off of buying it and I requested to cancel the order.

Upon telling him I wanted to cancel the order he offered me numerous prices for a US model. Came down all the way to 1,648. So I jumped on that.

Whether or not that was just a tactic of theirs or not, I'm happy. 1648 for a brand new US model is cool in my book.

TOTAL BS AND MORE BS.................

I'm definitely interested in seeing how this plays out over the coming weeks. Glad you enjoy it.

Utter load of rubbish. That spiel sounds like typical bait and switch lies to get you to drop what order you do have and instead pay more for what they want you to order. Typically if you don't do as they want (ie pay more for something else) you'll find your order never appears (they never had it) or simply spends forever being processed (some even just straight drop the order). That you've done as they want means there's a chance that they might actually send you something.

Yeah I assumed it might be crap. But, the price he gave me on a new 6D was pretty good IMO. So, whatever it's supposed to arrive tomorrow according to my tracking information.

Interesting little bit is that the product code for my order history still says the import model. So we'll see if I have to send it back for the correct one due to them not altering the order (I WAS charged for the US model).

Edit: I will add I was the one who initiated the talk about the import model. I think if I would've just said "Yes, that's the model I want and ordered." it would be on its way.

I questioned the differences and he told me what they were (according to him). I then asked to cancel the order so I can order elsewhere due to their regular price for a US model being $1,999. Which is too much.

dude, that's not a great price. I purchased a brand new USA Canon 6D with the 24-105 f4L for $1900 free shipping. sold the lens on Amazon for $650. much cheaper route. Abes is a bait and switch place.

shoot, Amazon is selling it right now for $1750 brand new USA and is an authorized seller.

make sure you got the US version. the Wifi is a GREAT option to have. haven't had much use for GPS, but being able to use your phone to control the camera and get pictures direct from the camera is very nice

Last edited:
Adorama had the 6D with 24-105 f4L for $1950 today. USA version, brand new, authorized dealer with no rebates.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back