Canon 7D mark II or 5D mark III?

OK, fair enough. It sounds like good advice because I might have different questions and needs when I see my camera's limitations.

I have no doubt I need to improve my skills, but eventually I'm sure camera choice will help me get the images I want (when I know how to manipulate the settings well).

I agree with Braineack. Your "professional" friend is not accurate about the 600D capturing warm tones of sunset.

This is not a great example but this was taken with a 600D.

View attachment 114666
Your camera isnt bad at all, older sensor but still capable, the main thing that it lacks is low light performance, when shooting landscape and doing it correctly with a tripod this makes little difference because you leave shutter open as long as you need and the ISO on 100 thus your skills can overcome many of the limitations of your camera, I mean in some cases eqipment wil limit you but many times there is A LOT you can do to by pass these limitation symply with good photographic skills.

Last edited:
I would guess that the post processing of your sunset pictures would be equally, if not more important than the "settings" you are referring to. This of course assumes that your "settings" are reasonable for a picture at dusk.

I would guess that the post processing of your sunset pictures would be equally, if not more important than the "settings" you are referring to. This of course assumes that your "settings" are reasonable for a picture at dusk.

You have to capture the data in camera but there is a lot that can be done to it in post for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back