Canon Rebel XTI - Need Tutorial DVD

Monty_Python

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I've watched many 'tutorial' DVDs, more like 'camera overview' DVDs for my Nikon DSLRs and found them to be very useful when I first bought the cameras. I also found that some of these DVD companies make worse (more like boring) Video compared to the next.

My mother in law has a Rebel Xti and I'd love to get her one of these DVDs, does anyone have a recommendation on which DVD/tutorial company to go with for the Cannon cameras?

Thanks so much!
-Monty

(I'm also looking for a lens hood for the Rebel XTI stock lens in case you have any advice there too)

I would try a search on YouTube first. There are a lot of good tutorials on there - I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

(I'm also looking for a lens hood for the Rebel XTI stock lens in case you have any advice there too)

This should be it.

I would try a search on YouTube first. There are a lot of good tutorials on there - I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

This should be it.

Good idea with you tube, I hope some of these companies have some samples up and thank you for the link and your time!

Take a look at here

Canon Digital Learning Center - EOS Digital Rebel Tutorials

Especially the section of "EOS Digital Rebel XT Tutorials". Even it was made for XT, everything works with XTi since the controls of both cameras are very similar.

The tutorials covers basic photography lessons as well as lessons specific for EOS XT.

Also, you can take a look at here

Doug's Photography Class

It includes the following lessons (broadcasted in google video)
Week 1: Introduction / Camera Terminology / Exposure
Week 2: Composition: Taking the Best Looking Shots
Week 3: Making the Most of my Point & Shoot Camera
Week 4: Color & Lighting, Lighting & Color
Week 5: Photo Touchup and Manipulation

Most reactions

New Topics

Back