Canon's Releasing Two New Lenses

I'd love to have that 200mm, now if only they made it as affordable as the 200mm f/2.8L.

I suppose I could forestall saving for that diamond ring just a tad longer.....:lmao:

Sweet...:drool:

Canon does/did make a 1200mm lens...but I think they were special order only...and very expensive...as such, they are very rare. A 600mm with a 2X TC was the more common choice.

This new 800mm looks like it will be pretty cool...and the 200mm, oh I'd like that one.

SWEEEEEEEET!!! I think that the 200 is trying to match the old 200 1.8.

Darn... that 800mm is way to SLOW... its not useful unless it is f2.8 or faster...

... I'm being sarcastic ... (see f4L versus f2.8L threads)

Who's gonna use them and what for?
I'm sure they're superdooperlooper sharp but giving the limited situations they'll be used in who (apart from the government maybe) will pay the premium? If you're on a sport or wildlife shoot would you really be interested in swapping lenses? The best I can think of is for static shots but then the price for how much extra quality 1%, 2%?

Enlighten my poor man's mind beginnings please.

Who's gonna use them and what for?
I'm sure they're superdooperlooper sharp but giving the limited situations they'll be used in who (apart from the government maybe) will pay the premium? If you're on a sport or wildlife shoot would you really be interested in swapping lenses? The best I can think of is for static shots but then the price for how much extra quality 1%, 2%?

Enlighten my poor man's mind beginnings please.

First of all, I think the 200 is for direct competition against the Nikkor 200 f/2 VR which has been around for some time.

I can see these lenses being used for wildlife and sports. an extra stop in speed means a sports shooter can shoot at 1/500th instead of 1/250th of a second. That can be a big difference.

I think that both can be used in sports, (the 800 as the "main lens", and the 200 on a second body). For wildlife, the 800 will definitely be handy.

I would use the 800 for astrophotography, and the 200 for nature stuff. I don't do sports.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back