Car Sales Photograph

Surfwooder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You really don't need much for the type of photos you're planning. Think entry level, like any of the Canon Rebel line. At least a 24-70mm lens, with or without IS. You'll be shooting using JPG, and the lowest resolution the camera will take, about 300 dpi. It could also be done using a cell phone. Most of these shots are full broad sides, front and rear. The magazine publisher will size your images to fit the page layout. When I did auto shots, I used a Canon 50D, with a 50mm 1.8 plastic lens. I'd shoot every car on the lot for $7-$10 each. But that was years ago.

S

Is there a question in there somewhere?

Cameras don't take photos at any dpi number.
Digital cameras are input devices.
Only output devices produce images in dpi, and since it take many dots to print 1 pixel the dpi range is significantly different than the ppi (print resolution) range and (image resolution ) that together determine print size.
Image resolution is the pixel dimensions of the photograph. The Canon EOS 50D delivers image a maximum resolution of 4752 x 3168 pixels, or 15.1 MP.

BTW - neither dots per inch (dpi) nor pixels per inch (ppi) have anything to do with electronic display.

Most reactions

Back