Cheap DIY light box help?

Provo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here has build a cheap diy light box for taking pictures for an online auction or to illustrate a product?

I have googled up some results but not diggin the shadows and the overall results I have found so far, if at all you have attempted this and has worked out with excellent results please help me out and post a sample pic and also which intructions if any you have followed and equipment used fabric,lens etc. Thanks ahead

Save your time and buy a collapsible tent from Alzo Digital. Their 28" cube is ~$50 and comes with four paper backdrops.

While you're shopping there purchase some 5500k CF bulbs, mount them in inexpensive clamp on reflectors and you're set.

A test shot...

Windexbubbles-1.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
Thank you all for your suggestions as they are valued

I have a light-box but find this set-up much easier to use; well in the daytime at least. ;)

04-02-1.jpg

You can purchase swatches of felt in various colours from a dollar store & fill light on the dark side of the subject with a ladies hand mirror if you wish.

P1010055sm.jpg

I thought it might be helpful for some to demonstrate what I am doing. I changed the felt background to a green one (not the best) & shot this nut lit only by the light from the window on camera right.

P1010124sm.jpg

Notice the deep shadowing on the left side. With the aid of a mirror only, it is possible to fill in the shadows as you see in pic #2.

IMG_3924sm.jpg

In pic #3 most of the shadowing is filled.

P1010125sm.jpg

By changing the position of the mirror more of the shadow is filled in pic #4.

P1010126sm.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back