Chevelle rolling shots part 2

Zach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been experimenting with rolling shots lately and with a little more practice I should have it down. Suggestions?

DSC_0001-2-1.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

I'm shooting in shutter priority mode at 1/50. The rule of thumb is to match the car's speed with the shutter's speed, so I was going 50 mph. I'd like to try this again, but at 40.

Definitely like the first one the most!! I like that you are practicing and working to get it perfect! Keep it up man!

I like the first one, although the blurred background actually makes me feel a little ill, I don't know why. Possibly try using a slower shutter speed to completely blur it, or a faster one to partially freeze it?

Thanks. I'm going to try it again soon but with the shutter at 1/40. Hopefully that will totally blur the background.

One little point of contention.... The shot in No 1 is almost perfect except your driver isn't looking forward. Fist thing I saw. (Sorry...)
Second shot is good, driver's position is OK, but Id have them a bit more on attention than laid back unless your doing commercial photography showing leisure. I would not have his hand on top of the steering wheel, but the elbow outside the car is fine. Reminds me of the old Chevy ads from the 1950's-60's.
The only two things on No. 2 is the lighting, and check your front license plate for straightness. It may only be an optical illusion, but the plate looks slightly bent.

Like the sharp crisp colors, and the overall effect is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

You could always just try an even slower shutter just to see how it comes out 1/30 or 1/40.

from the shots i've done my best results came from 1/30sec or below. also made the cars look like they were doing about 90mph when they were actually doing about 30mph

One little point of contention.... The shot in No 1 is almost perfect except your driver isn't looking forward. Fist thing I saw. (Sorry...)
Second shot is good, driver's position is OK, but Id have them a bit more on attention than laid back unless your doing commercial photography showing leisure. I would not have his hand on top of the steering wheel, but the elbow outside the car is fine. Reminds me of the old Chevy ads from the 1950's-60's.
The only two things on No. 2 is the lighting, and check your front license plate for straightness. It may only be an optical illusion, but the plate looks slightly bent.

Like the sharp crisp colors, and the overall effect is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
That was actually one of the first things I noticed too (besides the car!) Thanks for mentioning it! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back