Chicago Architecture

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been away for a while. Just recently made the move to Chicago, and trying to get my ducks in a row. Wish I would have known Decembers photo challenge...:x Anyway, critique away!
IXIXI
IXIXI.jpg

Insulae
insulae.jpg

blue collar/white collar
bluecollar-whitecollar.jpg

city
bluehour.jpg

I'm a big fan of modern architecture close-ups, rendering the buildings somewhat abstract, only working with lines and shapes or curves --- or colours, for that matter. That's why I like all your first three photos. Best of all I like the third, with the colour contrast of that red ... erm ... whatever the word for it is...

nice i live 30 min from chi town and i am so pissed i have never got up there to shoot yet

1 and 2 are my fav. 2 kind of makes me dizzy

I LOOOVE number 2, and I assume those are the buildings that are on the cover of Wilco's "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" album...

298c024128a0e0706ff4b010.L.jpg

The other two photos aren't too shabby either. Nice work.

1 and 2 for me too,, I like the symmetry of #3 but not the crane,, nice series though :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments. The towers in #2 are the famous Marina Towers, and i actually have a shot very close to that wilco cover.

For some reason I feel like the originals are not as noisy as they are showing up. Anyone else notice compression from photobucket? I wish the pano would show up a little better. It was composed of 15 shots (actual size is about 3000 x 22,000 px) taken at 15 sec each.

Oh yes, if I were you and knew how much work went into that pano, I'd be totally disappointed with the amount of compression artefacts that one got through loading it into Photobucket. Maybe Flickr would have been nicer, giving you the option to upload a large version, then give you medium and small sizes for hotlinking, and we could click the smaller size to open up the large photo if we wanted to...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back