Chimney Bluffs - Drone Photos

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to photograph this state park for years now, and I've never had any luck with it. It's extremely difficult to find a composition with a traditional camera because the beach is so small that you can't get far enough from the bluffs.

I've always known that a drone was the answer, however NY State Parks don't allow drones to be flown from their property. On this trip, I got creative and found a spot to fly the drone from legally that is not on their property, thereby making it legal.. at least as far as I'm aware.

Let me know what you think!

1.)
48938487022_6e1cc6d967_h.jpg

2.)
48938303956_b262548859_h.jpg

3.)
48938496952_acd6a0af34_h.jpg

Last edited:
I am right near the chimney bluffs... so this is really fascinating to see from this view ..... to think they won't always be here makes these photos even more precious.. so much land erosion here.. such beautiful photos

I am right near the chimney bluffs... so this is really fascinating to see from this view ..... to think they won't always be here makes these photos even more precious.. so much land erosion here.. such beautiful photos

Hello neighbor! I had no idea that you were that close to me! I'm out between Buffalo and Rochester.

It's definitely sad to know that they'll be gone or very different in the fairly near future.

Hello neighbor! I had no idea that you were that close to me! I'm out between Buffalo and Rochester.

It's definitely sad to know that they'll be gone or very different in the fairly near future.
wow .. i am between syracuse and rochester.. I can imagine you have some gorgeous photos from Niagra Falls and all the beautiful parks we have here in upstate New York.... I am so close to this area ... i may have water front property someday..

I really like the 3rd one. Great colors and light. The overheads are too dizzying for me.

Nice ones, you've reignited my drone interest again.

Lovely pics! the birds eye view with the gimbal straight down are awesome

I love Chimney Bluffs. Had no idea you were there--I thought you were in Richmond. Thanks for sharing the shots.

I love Chimney Bluffs. Had no idea you were there--I thought you were in Richmond. Thanks for sharing the shots.

Haha yep; I live just west of Rochester, NY

Love Rochester as a city--lots of character. And you have me inspired to post my photos of Chimney Bluffs.

I have memories of Chimney Bluffs as a child and revisited a couple years ago. As a child I followed my brothers up and came sliding/falling back down. It definitely eroded over the years. Nice photos and good way to capture them!

Most reactions

Back