Christmas Pictures

thinkricky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some Christmas Pictures 2011

C&C please. Any suggestions? Or not much to go by? I can post more.

Gear: Nikon D3000 35mm f1.8

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Last edited:
No response... Thanks for the help guys. Been a big help.

I like 1. For 3 get more eye level, looks like you are shooting down a bit. 4 needs face a little brighter.

No response... Thanks for the help guys. Been a big help.

Ok. The white balance is all over the place.

In terms of underexposure from the least worst to the worst...3, 1, 2, 4

Your DOF is too shallow for #2 at the angle that you shot it at. It actually takes a lot of skill to effectively use an aperture of 1.8 when you are that close. It just doesn't work at all. In #4, you missed focus, probably because of your DOF.

I mean, really, what critique do you want? You set your ISO to 800, you put your camera on aperture priority and set it at 1.8. You used your camera like a P&S.

My advice, buy an SB700 or SB600. It will open up a lot of options, allow you to control the lighting, and won't force you to shoot with settings that are unmanagable.

FWIW, I've been busy with a newborn son, a toddler, Christmas, and work. I had opened this thread to give positive feedback. Your second post contributed to the tone of this reply. But anyway, now you know why you didn't get immediate feedback. Most people probably didn't want to be rude or were to busy living their lives to wait for you to post a thread.

Sherm said:
I like 1. For 3 get more eye level, looks like you are shooting down a bit. 4 needs face a little brighter.

Thanks!

Stobber said:

Not sure if the WOW was for my photos or my sarcasm. Lol

thierry said:
Your welcome for all the help.

Lol especially you! Can't thank you enough!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back