TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
021-1_2.jpg

See it bigger Here

A rather unattractive period of time for our City, The curbs are piled high with large debris for the Anual large debris pickup, Aptly called "The Big Pickup".

That looks like a great time to scavenge for cool stuff!

That looks like a great time to scavenge for cool stuff!

Oh yeah, there are a fleet of scavengers every year. Most of them are not looking for cool stuff though. Most of them are out looking for steel and copper.

My pile had over half a ton (not an exadgeration) of steel and copper wiring scavenged.

Yes, a normal sight here in my place on three occasions throughout the year, i.e. when there is the big debris pick-up. And you cannot get home because you find at least five pick-ups in front of you cruising the place at slowest speed in order to scan the piles...

Yes, a normal sight here in my place on three occasions throughout the year, i.e. when there is the big debris pick-up. And you cannot get home because you find at least five pick-ups in front of you cruising the place at slowest speed in order to scan the piles...

PITA it is, it's even worse when they stop suddenly just for a power coard or something small like that. Not so bad when they stop to load something large like a stove or dryer, but an irritation none the less.

The shame is the lasting truth in the exposure. The signs. The real city litter. Nice shot. How is it that the headlights aren't blown out?

The shame is the lasting truth in the exposure. The signs. The real city litter. Nice shot. How is it that the headlights aren't blown out?

Film is a little more tolerent of such coupled with a slight underexposure. I was shooting a 400mm at f/22, handheld, at 9:30 in the morning on a rainy day. Frankly, I am surprised I did not get a black frame or light trails.

Love to snag that lazy boy look-a-like or one of the many broken tv's.

Love to snag that lazy boy look-a-like or one of the many broken tv's.

I'd steer clear of the lazyboys.....:lol: I had one given to me that went into my pile this year because it had a rat in it...oddly well preserved but none the less not something I want in a chair.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back