City Museum St. Louis

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
31192546011_f8c0f77dd9_b.jpg

Oh my, excellent shot. Have you tried a B&W version?

Great HDR shot. I guess this is the same Artist that created this one in a library in Leuwen, Belgium, that was financed by US sponsors:

tmp_17546-email_ANP_4204.JPG1946416161.jpeg

All the stair cases had different animals dragons or mystical beings

I will need to visit when I'm in St. Louis.

Actually, it's wierder than the picture suggests. Very eclectic, with little tunnels running everywhere, for kids or kidlike adults to explore and play in.

The artist who started it was big on cast concrete sculpture, so I think it's likely he was involved in the Belgian museum.

30485626784_ba5353ad60_h.jpg

Oh my, excellent shot. Have you tried a B&W version?

No, but it sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a shot. Feel free to show us your idea of how it might look.

The artist was Bob Cassilly. The City Museum was one of his many projects. Bob tragically left us in 2011 when he was found dead at the site of one of his projects. Questions surrounding his death remain unanswered. The official cause was listed accidental (bulldozer rollover), but many are convinced Bob was beaten to death and the accident staged.

Joe

As I was told by a docent, Cassilly had twice before rolled a bulldozer working on a larger project. There was a roll cage, but he apparently didn't buckle himself in that day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back