Cityscape ? of sorts

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this photo with a Nikon F5 and expired Fuji Velvia 50
14184541867_296f43dd23_k.jpg
35mm film... I stopped downtown on a late fall afternoon after I noticed amazing afternoon light... while searching for just the right view of the historic buildings I happened to notice the stained glass pieces in this 19th century overhang and thought the photo captured the colors nicely in that afternoon light... not a perfect composition, but I have been back to this spot a few times since and one of these days I will get perfect light and better composition..... Feedback appreciated....

I do like th elight and the colors but I think you are way too close to this subject.

I can see that point... but it would be tough to isolate that architectural feature from a distance without cluttering the background with parked cars, buildings, power lines etc...

I don't recall which lens I used but I suppose I could have isolated this feature by shooting open with a long lens from a distance...trying my best to get the front and back of the overhang in focus but leaving everything else out of focus ??

Any thoughts on how one can accomplish the desired result in this context ? cluttered streets, background... trying to isolate a feature that has a fair amount of depth ? while at once blurring the background clutter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back