Collingwood Caves

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife was not brave enough so today I headed out by myself to explore the Scenic Caves at Collingwood. It was pretty slippery but I made it through ok and it was a pretty good work out.

DSC_7668.jpg

A view from the lookout
DSC_7676.jpg

Going down
DSC_7683.jpg

DSC_7696.jpg

DSC_7698.jpg

DSC_7700.jpg

A self-timer portrait
DSC_7705.jpg

DSC_7719.jpg

The rock on the right looks like a Indian face profile
DSC_7723.jpg

and the climb back out
DSC_7732.jpg

A sad looking black bear
DSC_7733.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Cool lookin caves Eric... that look like an awesome day out, thanks for sharing these :thumbup:

I got a workout just looking at the stairs/hills! The views were worth it, apparently, and I know how much you wanted to get out for a hike. Really nice series.

These are cool man. I have not been there in years. Do they still have that cave...I think it was like a refrigeration place. It was colder then a grave down in there. Nicely captured Airic.

Chiller said:
These are cool man. I have not been there in years. Do they still have that cave...I think it was like a refrigeration place. It was colder then a grave down in there. Nicely captured Airic.

Ha, yes, it is called the Ice Cave. It was pretty darn cold in there today. The rocks were really slippery so i did not venture to far in to any of the caves. It is a really cool place and worth the visit.

Eric

I would definitely have gone down there with you, had I been in any way closer. Looks like THE place to explore. Wow. Coolest.
I love the first one that has us looking down to where you were then headed. All the moss-green ... pure eye-candy for my eyes :D. Slippery or not ... I would have loved to be there and explore!

nice shots there Eric

Hey Ray, I wear the glasses on and off depending on my mood. I have a pair for distance and a pair reading, old age I guess. I find my eyes get really tired when I’m driving if I don’t where them.

The Scenic Caves are really interesting and I highly recommend them.

Eric

I like all the shots but the "face in the rock shot" is very nice! I only wonder if I would have found it in the photo myself..I read it first :scratch:

$naps! said:
I like all the shots but the "face in the rock shot" is very nice! I only wonder if I would have found it in the photo myself..I read it first :scratch:

:) There was a big yellow sign right above it pointing it out for me. I don't think I would have spotted it either.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back