Color Profile Frustration

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Could someone please explain or direct me to a place that explains the details in "color settings" "assigning profiles" and "convert to Profile" in Photoshop CS2. I have a basic understanding, but getting weird results. In one instance I edit a photo and all looks well, then the darn thing prints either too yellow or too blue, or looks yellow on monitor but prints perfectly.

Basically I'm looking for a workflow from camera, through PS CS2 to print lab and/or my photo printer for proofing.

I shoot a canon digital reb and my photo printer is a Canon i9900.

thanks
Ron

Is your monitor properly calibrated? That's one of the first steps.

The ICC profiles from labs are for softproofing, not converting to. You start with a calibrated monitor. The color space can be sRG, AdobeRGB (or gamma 1.8, gamma 2.2 if b&w), etc. If the lab you are printing from suggest a specific one, use that. The ICC profiles are used when you softproof (CTRL-Y). This lets you see how the print will look once it comes out the printer. You may have to tweak it to look right once the softproof is on. When it's off is how it will look on the web if the person is using the same gamma as you and has a calibrated monitor.

Most reactions

Back