"Columbus Circle..." (NYC - 08/27/2017)

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
untitled-209-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

P.S If you prefer B&W you can view it in the B&W Gallery...

Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.
This shot is nice. It has good exposure of foreground, background, and sky. Somewhat hard to do in NYC given the tall buildings. I like that you included the seating and people around the statue.

I find that when I walk around in NYC, sometimes I just snap, rather than planning out the shot well. Especially in busier areas like Columbus Circle.

What would you think of making this photo in portrait orientation? The subject lends itself to more of a portrait orientation, rather than landscape. The buildings at the left tend to draw the eye and make it a little unbalanced. If you were to reshoot, what if you were to move slightly to the left and aim slightly lower? I wonder if you would be able to get the statue, no skyscrapers, get a little more foreground, and still see the front of the statue?

The only other comment I have is that while I do like (and often over contrast and over clarify things in my postprocessing) some contrast in shots, what would this shot look like if you decreased either contrast or clarity just a little bit? It seems just a little too sharp.

Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.
This shot is nice. It has good exposure of foreground, background, and sky. Somewhat hard to do in NYC given the tall buildings. I like that you included the seating and people around the statue.

I find that when I walk around in NYC, sometimes I just snap, rather than planning out the shot well. Especially in busier areas like Columbus Circle.

What would you think of making this photo in portrait orientation? The subject lends itself to more of a portrait orientation, rather than landscape. The buildings at the left tend to draw the eye and make it a little unbalanced. If you were to reshoot, what if you were to move slightly to the left and aim slightly lower? I wonder if you would be able to get the statue, no skyscrapers, get a little more foreground, and still see the front of the statue?

The only other comment I have is that while I do like (and often over contrast and over clarify things in my postprocessing) some contrast in shots, what would this shot look like if you decreased either contrast or clarity just a little bit? It seems just a little too sharp.

Thank you for taking time to provide thoughtful insights... I attempted several portrait orientation shots albeit not from this advantage point and I simply did not like them. I will consider you statement next time I am in the area and attempt a different take/shot...Thanks Again!

Enezdez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back