Commercial Photography & Models With Tattoo's

Discussion in 'Commercial/Product photography' started by donny1963, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Not necessarily. Lawyers are the only profession that produce no tangible product and profit solely off the misfortune of others. As long as there are billable hours in play neither side loses.

2. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Uhhh, Point of order - there are "currently" only "8" sitting judges and it's not looking good for Trump's appointment to be confirmed anytime soon.

3. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

I'm guessing that this is the quote that will answer your point of order. "Well again Your Point is moot, because, who cares,"

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. donny1963

donny1963 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

That's 100% correct, my wife is a lawyer, from Harvard law, she worked as an Assistant DA for 8 years and now does Divorce Law.

And she told me about a case where, her client had over $250,000.00 in cash in the bank and over 1.4 million in assets, and by the time the divorce was over after his wife got her cut from the cash and assets and paying the lawyers fees his wife ended up with $4,00.00 and her client ended up only $1500.00 when all said and done..
    The lawyers ended up gaining more then the clients put together lol

Lawyers cost tons of money, more then medical cost, at least with medical cost insurance company's can keep the cost down, with lawyers there is no insurance company to to control that...
    Lawyers can bill you for just about everything they do when it comes to your case, even a phone call or filing a form or transportation cost.. They tally up that bill faster then you can say holy ****..

They generally get a retainer for thousands of dollars and often drain it before the case is over lol

5. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

This.

Keep in mind there are no Lawyer Jokes. They are all true stories.

6. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I am familiar with the type of "education" that is currently being sold in law schools. About the only thing of value received is a prestigious diploma, which is lacking the education part. The current sad state of law schools today is that unsuspecting students are drilled and re-drilled in case law, but nobody learns anything about history, common law, or natural law. Tell your dear wife that she paid too much for her law degree.

I would not be interested in reading her thesis simply because Harvard Law thought it was good, therefore I automatically consider it highly suspect. No offense intended to your lovely wife.

7. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Okay, folks, why don't we stick to the subject, eh? Tattoos and copyright - will this affect your photography, aye or nay?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    The tattoo artist owns the image, even though he may have sold it many times, and people are not free to copy the image to make another tattoo without permission.

However;

If a photographer takes a photo of a person with a tattoo, the photo becomes the intellectual property of the photographer. Any visible tattoos are simply a part of the subject, similar to the clothing or jewelry he or she is wearing.

Precedent has been established in the design of a building. The architect owns the image which no-one can copy to build another exactly the same, but the building can be photographed by anyone.

So if I were to photograph Mike Tyson, I would not try to cover up his famous tattoo, because that is how he looks.

9. Mashburn

Mashburn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Does the tattoo artist have to have some form of contract?

What if a model good to the artist and gets a contract made up saying they are allowed to model with it and they would not sue the photographer/client/or the ones buying the image?

Sent from my XT1650 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

10. dcbear78

dcbear78 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here is where Australia's copyright systems actually works well. The creator does not automatically retain copyright here. The customer does and it needs to be assigned back with a contract. Which is of course done by photographers but not tattoo artists (maybe some rare cases). So this whole issue is mostly avoided here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mashburn

Mashburn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm just thinking what's it stop an artist from sueing us wedding photographers?

Sent from my XT1650 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

12. smoke665

Photos OK to edit

Just so you know there is nothing you can do that will prevent you from ever being sued, when you go into business, the chances go up significantly. Had a Business Law Professor who later became my personal attorney, tell me once that in court it's not what you can say but what you can prove, and written trumps verbal every time.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.