Concern about photographers profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all, the problem with the definition of pervert is that the symptoms (I.E. unaccaptable, and not normal) pertains only to how the act is perceived. Therefore, if a person were to be "perverted" here they may be able to go to a different culture and no longer be perverted. With that in mind, the person is not a "pervert" the person is perceived to behave in a perverted manner in this culture.

Also, because the definition says perversion is a behavior, it is not something that the person is, rather it is something that they do, they do sexual acts that are "perverted" Again, it is not who they are, but what they do.

Secondly, as others have mentioned, what one person assumes to be perverted may not be what another person assumes to be perverted. It is very difficult to know where different people truly stand on topics such as bondage, Sex and different aspects about it seems to be one of those things that people don't really talk about, and yet many people participate in.

TPR, try to define what is normal though when it comes to a person. Are you normal? am I normal? are you sure? would half of the rest of the country agree? no.

Normal only works in an objective scientific world. It does not work in humans, relationships and emotions.

It does work in math, medicine, and other scientific areas.

This doesn't make sense. Think about it. We cant argue the definition of a word because here is the definition of a definition.
Sure we can. Languages are fluid...words change meaning over time.

Seriously. Why else would someone perform bondage? Give me one example why someone would perform bondage other than for some sexual satisfaction.
One reason might be to freak out people who don't consider it normal. ;)

I don't agree with this.Neither are subjective at all. Normal is a standard which other things are measured.
To some Inuit people, eating raw meat is normal and acceptable. Does that mean that it's normal for everyone?
In many cultures it was and sometimes still is acceptable and normal for older men to marry young teenage girls. Certainly something that is not normal or acceptable where I live.
To some people, it's normal and acceptable for a man to marry many women....

Get the point?

When you 'measure' something you need a starting point...something to measure it against. If you are using your own values or your own culture to measure others...and find them to be different. You can only say that they are abnormal to you. Not to everything and everyone.

12.gif
Im normal, even tho my shrink says different
15.gif

The purpose of my posts were not to offend or make personal attacks on anyone. I was voicing my opinion.

Comments like the one directed at runswithscissors are written with harmless sarcasm. Do I think she is the photographer? maybe. Do I think she is a she? maybe not. I do find it peculiar that this was runswithscissors's first post and now "she" has vanished? Yes.
quote]

I've been on this site for a number of years and I normally just read to see if I can learn anything new (as you can see by my post count).

Go back and read this whole thread . . . . any normal person would have turned and run from this thread! Doesn't make her guilty.:D

C

normal person
I'm not sure if this comment was meant to have a double meaning, either way its humorous.
I've pretty much decided this guy doesn't want to get the point. A lot of preaching and no real hearing.
What point do I have to get? Do I have to agree with what other people are saying? Does it make me wrong?
I think it may be a maturation thing. Oh well.
That is a real mature comment.

I'm not sure if this comment was meant to have a double meaning, either way its humorous.
What point do I have to get? Do I have to agree with what other people are saying? Does it make me wrong?
That is a real mature comment.

You're claiming Pete is immature? :lmao:

I should have quoted more of the thread.

any normal person would have turned and run from this thread!

I'm not calling anyone immature.

In my entire life I've probably looked up less than 100 words in the dictionary (not counting my Spanish to English or Japanese to English dictionaries...). The first thing you have to understand about looking a word up in the dictionary is that the definition is WRONG it gives you a clue but doesn't solve the puzzle. This may be one of the most important things I learned in my upper division math classes. No matter how hard you tried you could NEVER define every word in ANY language. What I'm trying to say is that "perverted" may mean something close to what that definition says but there is a lot of subtlety and we're trying to say that subtlety makes the usage of the word inappropriate. While those actions may fall under that definition the act in reality is not "wrong" just different and perverted is inappropriate to describe it.

At this point I don't even know what is being argued. So we can all agree to disagree on everything, that's fine with me.

I do want to clear something up, then I'm finished with this thread.

I don't think people who practice (or photograph) boudoir or bondage are perverts.

I'm saying nothing about this topic, find someone else to argue with.

Yes, I think this thread and topic have run their course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back