cove

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BRI_9781_02.JPG
BRI_9781_02.JPG

Nicely done mate! If it were me I'd clone out the white boat on the bottom RHS but other than that I like it
interesting. I actually had another version with less of the boat on the bottom right but I thought it added balance to the frame and the rope would look weird going nowhere.. Now I am second guessing myself because you said that. lol

The biggest thing with me shooting this set (it is a set in the cove I pulled this from) is the amount of THROW AWAYS. I have almost zero experience shooting boats on long exposures. some were done in hdr, some just long exposures. Fairly dark in some. But mostly, far as gaining experience is boats MOVE and rock back and forth. so I had that dilemma of how much rocking before the boat is out of focus. I have others, where it looks completely missed focus because the boats are rocking. I froze my but off doing them but had lots of fun and think I might have learned something.

I like this. Re the boat/rope dilemma, you could get rid of the rope too. It does kind of distract from the dock leading you into the scene.

I like this. Re the boat/rope dilemma, you could get rid of the rope too. It does kind of distract from the dock leading you into the scene.
that it does. Bothered me too. I have some going the other way too from atop the bridge I can look through. That was somewhat a challenge for me as well, it was even colder up there, the direction this photo is going is actually the most light in the scene, and the ones from atop the bridge shows even more boats (more boats rocking on a long exposure).....
I can take a look at those ones though and see what I came up with. I have figured out why most people shoot boats in the day time though... :biglaugh:

couple pics of the offending boat. I am considering making a bw on the thing it seems to have more character than the scenic cove pic

BRI_9787.JPG BRI_9795.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back