Crazy Lunatic Vigilante (warning, finger gesture)

Crazytown!!!!!

Not really, it's pretty laid back here. I did hear from some people later on that someone or some people have been killing horses for their meat in that area and that's why she was all concerned about me taking pictures of the horses. I told them she has every right to be concerned but she doesn't have the right to play detective and confront everyone that comes into her neighborhood like she's the Gestapo. Anyways, I told her to F-off and left.

You should have kept doing what you were doing and let the police come.
They likely would have arrested her. She cant flip the middle finger in handcuffs.

It crossed my mind but I just didn't want any cops confronting me, no telling what lies she might've told them and I believe she would've because she told me to my face that I was trespassing when I was standing on the road in front of someone else' house ... wasn't even hers. I try my best to keep crazy :stupid: b*#%$ out of my life. I don't go toward them, I go away from them, lol!

I had a similar event happen, wasn't photography related, but was a wacko who thought she was wronged. Then she proceeded to block us into a parking space. I had a truck at the time, so I drove over the curb and left, she peeled out and chased us for twenty minutes before I lost her. The scariest part was that she had three small children in her car while she went bonkers. :aiwebs_016:

Maybe it was the same crazy lady that had a kid in her SUV that was next to me in the right lane, looked at me and came into my lane to force me out. I was on my motorcycle and I had to move to the far left while braking to avoid her hitting me. Come to find out she wanted over because her left turn was coming up and I suppose i was blocking her. wish I could've told the idiot she could've simply slowed down and fell in behind me to make her turn instead of running someone off the road to accomplish it. People ... they're why I like animals better.

That's dissapointing, but there are nutters everywhere. A lot of people are suspicious of photographers now.

A few years ago I took my daughter out on a local photo walk around the neighbourhood. We were walking down a street in an industrial estate when I spotted a leaf that was backlit on a small tree so I was showing her how you could take a photo and the veins of the leaf would show through when this irate aggressive young woman stormed out of a nearby unit and demanded to know why I was taking pictures of her car. I just apologised and explained it was the leaf I was photographing and showed her the photos. There was much red faced-ness when she saw the shots and explained one of her collegues just came into the shop and said "there's a guy outside taking photos of your car!" Anyway she beat a hasty retreat before I could explain that even if I was taking a photo of her car that would have been fine. But I was young at the time and a skinhead. Kinda hard to go off on one at a guy with a 5 year old in tow who's talking about how backlighting sows of the beauty of a pretty leaf :allteeth::allteeth::allteeth:

My avatar may give you a clue about me, what I still am.;)

Can't be arsed with the politics and fed up over the years explaining what it's really all about.

Not photo related but... Years ago during a snowstorm my wife and I stopped at a drug store. As the lot was full, she went in and I stayed with the car and got out to brush snow off of it. Another customer whose car was completely covered in snow, blocking all windows, backed out of her spot and hit my car and almost me. She got out, ranting that it was all my fault for being parked where I was. She then ran back into the store to call the police. When the police arrived and before I could say a word she came dashing back out of the store screaming "I did all the driving so I will do all the talking!" Fine with me:1219:

Not photo related but... Years ago during a snowstorm my wife and I stopped at a drug store. As the lot was full, she went in and I stayed with the car and got out to brush snow off of it. Another customer whose car was completely covered in snow, blocking all windows, backed out of her spot and hit my car and almost me. She got out, ranting that it was all my fault for being parked where I was. She then ran back into the store to call the police. When the police arrived and before I could say a word she came dashing back out of the store screaming "I did all the driving so I will do all the talking!" Fine with me:1219:

My mom told me about a lady friend of hers (senior citizen) that is like many others around here and gives the impression they have special privileges being they are retired and live in a retirement community. They're quick to tell everyone else what the rules and laws are and that they should be obeyed and then they get in their golf carts and vehicles and break every rule in the book. This particular lady said a sheriff's deputy had pulled her over and cited her for going over the speed limit and the lady replied to him ... "BUT, I live in this community!", as if being a citizen in a retirement community made them exempt. An old guy ran through a red light on his bike the other day and a car hit and killed him, poor guy (RIP) and all the people on "Next Door" blamed the person that hit him even after the sheriff's report said no drivers were cited for speeding or anything, was totally his own fault. One retiree declared the speed limit was to blame and all the retirees immediately sided with her and banded together and said the speed limit needed to be lowered. I'm sure they'll demand it in the next town meeting.

Around here in our rural area, where police response time is between 30 mins to an hour, it's automatically assumed that the other person is armed. AL like FL is a "Stand your Ground" state, so before you start running your mouth at someone you better think about what you're doing. I make it a practice to carry either rifle, pistol or both when I'm out, in our valley, for the same reason I carry insurance on my vehicle.

That said, I likely would have done my best to get away from her as you did and only taken things to the next level if I perceived an imminent threat. Also wouldnt have called LEO , unless it was absolutely necessary, as my experience has been they don't always look favorably on you when you aren't in your own neck of the woods. Just because you were within your rights on a public road, doesn't mean you wouldn't get hassled or even ticketed for some bogus charge.

Livestock is expensive, I've been checked on before by landowners. Most just see the camera, talk a bit and go on. I've had a few not so friendly, and rather then get in p*****g match over what my rights are I generally just move on.

Crazy!

Just to annoy her I probably would've said "Ok, go ahead & call the cops. I'll be here"....nothing pisses off those who threaten to call the police than to calmly say Ok.

Some guy did that to me a few years ago while I was eating my lunch under a tree by a lake. Cops showed up & they were more upset that the guy made them waste their time.

Where in Florida are you? I live now in Central Fl, which is much more calm than when I lived in Miami......in Miami your incident would've easily gotten ugly & out of hand.

Crazy!

Just to annoy her I probably would've said "Ok, go ahead & call the cops. I'll be here"....nothing pisses off those who threaten to call the police than to calmly say Ok.

Some guy did that to me a few years ago while I was eating my lunch under a tree by a lake. Cops showed up & they were more upset that the guy made them waste their time.

Where in Florida are you? I live now in Central Fl, which is much more calm than when I lived in Miami......in Miami your incident would've easily gotten ugly & out of hand.

Sun City Center, the retirement community where people still remember there's a constitution and a bill of rights. I agree, saying go ahead would've pissed her off which is why when she said she's calling the cops I turned my back to her and started taking pictures, as if I didn't care. I could almost see the daggers shooting from her eyes when I turned back around and then I took the pictures of her calling the sheriff (supposedly), that one really put a rip in her girdle, lol!

Around here in our rural area, where police response time is between 30 mins to an hour, it's automatically assumed that the other person is armed. AL like FL is a "Stand your Ground" state, so before you start running your mouth at someone you better think about what you're doing. I make it a practice to carry either rifle, pistol or both when I'm out, in our valley, for the same reason I carry insurance on my vehicle.

That said, I likely would have done my best to get away from her as you did and only taken things to the next level if I perceived an imminent threat. Also wouldnt have called LEO , unless it was absolutely necessary, as my experience has been they don't always look favorably on you when you aren't in your own neck of the woods. Just because you were within your rights on a public road, doesn't mean you wouldn't get hassled or even ticketed for some bogus charge.

Livestock is expensive, I've been checked on before by landowners. Most just see the camera, talk a bit and go on. I've had a few not so friendly, and rather then get in p*****g match over what my rights are I generally just move on.

A wise man told me once that you never get anywhere arguing with idiots so yeah, best to just move on let them enjoy their blissful ignorance and everyone's happy.

What a nut! Glad she didn't shoot you. You should upload her photo to one of those meme generator sites/apps. :allteeth: First strip any meta data off of your file.

With the elderly gentleman along I think you did the right thing to get him away from her and the situation. If he had not been along then "Let the good times roll" would have been my attitude. I hate control freaks but there is no sense wasting breath trying to explain rights to people like this. Its more fun to piss them off more when you know you are in the right. I would say no problem, lets wait right her for the cops while I continue to take pictures, your free to watch if you like while we wait.

Years ago I was grabbed from the back on the sidewalk in downtown Toronto. I was taking a night picture of the moon coming up between two high rises. A guy I never saw grabbed me from the back and was trying to rip my camera from me while screaming I was taking a picture of his store. Unless his store was across the street and on the moon I don't think so scooter. He was threatening to call the cops. I said I don't where your store is but you just assaulted me so if you want to call the cops fine, call them, I'll wait. He went back into his store swearing at me.

Control freaks, they are out there.

With the elderly gentleman along I think you did the right thing to get him away from her and the situation. If he had not been along then "Let the good times roll" would have been my attitude. I hate control freaks but there is no sense wasting breath trying to explain rights to people like this. Its more fun to piss them off more when you know you are in the right. I would say no problem, lets wait right her for the cops while I continue to take pictures, your free to watch if you like while we wait.

Years ago I was grabbed from the back on the sidewalk in downtown Toronto. I was taking a night picture of the moon coming up between two high rises. A guy I never saw grabbed me from the back and was trying to rip my camera from me while screaming I was taking a picture of his store. Unless his store was across the street and on the moon I don't think so scooter. He was threatening to call the cops. I said I don't where your store is but you just assaulted me so if you want to call the cops fine, call them, I'll wait. He went back into his store swearing at me.

Control freaks, they are out there.

Thank you! Yes, control freaks but I should add ... ignorant control freaks. I'm afraid if that guy had put his hands on me he might've been apologizing from the concrete. Not saying I would've punched him, I prefer small joint locks (wrist) to subdue people without harm and harm to myself. Hard to say for sure how I would've reacted since I wasn't in the moment but we all like to fantasize a little about taking out the bad guy. ;)

Sorry for the bump.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back