Critique - general appreciation (56k alert)

leprechaun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings all,

This is sort of a weird post. I don't really know what i'm looking forward to. I have never had a picture critiqued. Most of my good pictures were taken with my old camera (olympus c2100uz) when i used auto all the time and didn't care about the settings, only the end result. I guess comments about the way i compose generally (if you even are able to make an assumption). If anything, it'll introduce myself quite nicely.

Cheers, Lawrence

confiture.jpg

fillettes.jpg

heiny.jpg

violon.jpg

viennoiseries.jpg

yeux.jpg

I'm certainly not the one playing. it was taken at a benefit concert in montreal 2 years ago.

Hi, Lawrence-leprechaun ;) (do you look like one?), if you photograph like this, there is no reason NOT to put up your photos for critique! I like your choice and variety of subjects. The little girls are oh! so cute! and the violin player on stage (no flash) is very well done for the light you had, I quite like that one! And the piece of cake makes you want to eat it out of the computer ;)...!

1)tilt the to level the liquid out more. That being said, maybe crop a bit on the top so the liquid is not centered.

2)I like the DOF. Might crop the left a bit to remove the lip of the bowl. Might even try a small crop on the right to get rid of the braid, might be to close of a crop. I really like the story the photo tells.

3)tilt the image to straighten the bottle out.

4)maybe a faster shutter speed, not much more but a bit to capture movement.

5) I really like the photo. Maybe clone out the prints on the glass behind the pasteries.

6)

I dont know if i look like a leprechaun, i've never seen a live one, but i do have the irishh part going for me. "if you photograph like this, there is no reason NOT to put up your photos for critique!" Oh, i wish! those are my favorites out of countless out of focus, dim lit, motion blurred and plain bad pictures i've taken.

I'm really starting to worry, all my best shots were taken with my old camera (except the eyes pics). ROI hasn't been yet been achieved.

That for the kind comments and welcome words; have to scoot to work.

Thanks, Lawrence

Most reactions

Back