crypt *takes deep breath*

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by lilithvalentine, Apr 20, 2005.

1. lilithvalentine

lilithvalentine TPF Noob!

Okay *takes deep breath and jumps in with both feet* here goes my first ever piece of work submitted to this forum for critique lol. This was taken as part of an assignment for my photography class in high school a few years back. But i can't decide which version looks better.... (feel free to edit it and have a play with it if anyone wishes).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShutteredEye

ShutteredEye TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the perspective and the composition. Cool subject too. Wish the lensflare didn't cover up the relief on the front though....I like the second version better of the two.

3. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

I think it has a nice composition, its a shame the first has blow out on the sky. The second one is better but the building looks a little under exposed maybe.

This could be my new monitor though, im still messing about with it trying the get the calibration right on it. So i apoligise if ive got the exposure comments wrong! :)

4. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I prefer a combined version of the two. I like having the detail in the ground, but like the sky. I'd suggest burning the sky/ top of building in (assuming you're doing it in the darkroom). In PS i'd just copy and past the part you wanted.

5. lilithvalentine

lilithvalentine TPF Noob!

awesome thanks all :) i'll have a play round with the computer tonight and see if i can find a balance.

lol its not as scary as i thought it would be :D

6. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the second version. The top third of the image needs some burning. Maybe the lower corners too.