Customers Printing Images Off Your Website

As far as disabling right clicking images on websites, there's a relatively easy way around that feature (especially in Firefox).

Right click -> page info -> Media tab at the top, then find the applicable jpeg or file you were looking for. Firefox even has a "Save As" button right there for you to save.

As far as disabling right clicking images on websites, there's a relatively easy way around that feature (especially in Firefox).

Right click -> page info -> Media tab at the top, then find the applicable jpeg or file you were looking for. Firefox even has a "Save As" button right there for you to save.

right click is disabled... impossible :p

- disable right click
- use spaceball.gif (See flickr)
- create an Iframe over the full website (so when right click > view source, they only see iframe source, like those dumb survey popups.)
- Watermark over important lines in the image as then when edited, it will be noticable.
- Javascript to disable print screen
- set image as a background image (cannot be dragged.)
- use confusing folder names (instead of /images/photo or w/e call it /hEaGG42E1zvn/66yrEdxzmn/ like facebook.)
- use low resoultion images + compress it... a lot (just until before it deteriates in quality, about JPEG level 4 still has good quality.)

there is not really a 100% sure way.

Last edited:

Yup.. there is no fool proof way. No different than auto theft. If they want it that badly, they will get it. The idea is to make it such a hassle that the majority of visitors wouldn't go through the trouble.

Low Rez + Watermark seems to be enough for the majority... Of course you can remove the watermark but it does take extra effort.

right click is disabled... impossible :p

- disable right click
- use spaceball.gif (See flickr)
- create an Iframe over the full website (so when right click > view source, they only see iframe source, like those dumb survey popups.)
- Watermark over important lines in the image as then when edited, it will be noticable.
- Javascript to disable print screen
- set image as a background image (cannot be dragged.)
- use confusing folder names (instead of /images/photo or w/e call it /hEaGG42E1zvn/66yrEdxzmn/ like facebook.)
- use low resoultion images + compress it... a lot (just until before it deteriates in quality, about JPEG level 4 still has good quality.)

In my experience, i've come across both.

Sites that disable right-clicking anything on their website (which pisses me off, because that's how I bookmark sites, which makes me go to the tab at the top and bookmark from there), and then sites that disable right-clicking the image, which was what my post was referring to.

Google spaceball.gif and the first result is how to remove the spaceball.gif from flickr images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back