Czarnecki Family | Photoshoot |FIRST Family Shoot

I think it would be better if they weren't chopped below the knees. I've noticed you tend to frame rather high sometimes, not sure if that's due to your height or not but you seem to get more than enough space above heads sometimes and the bottom edge might be better framed differently.

John seems to have caught the details that need to be thought about. I'd think about the girls' hair, as they move around it might be necessary to recheck and have it arranged so it' s in front of the shoulders or behind, so there isn't a hank or strands straggling.

Yeah. I don't know why but I always seem to frame/crop high. Always. And I have no good reason for it. And yeah, John brought up some really good points, for sure.

John always does, keep picking his brain!

I've noticed quite a bit that people who are somewhat younger or newer to photography (well, compared to some of us that is! lol) may sometimes post photos that have people's feet cut off or close to the edge or have all this space above the heads - I think maybe there's a natural tendency to look at people's faces not downward to the bottom of the frame (I think we usually look at people's faces, not their shoes!).

I remember years ago figuring out to make my eye move around the entire viewfinder and check the corners and after this many years it seems just second nature to see everything in the frame. Years of practice I think...

They look pretty well produced, in my opinion. I am learning too, about portraits and I am partial to b&w, so those are my favorite. I like the child/tree stump one and the couple one in the woods.

Like I, you started off with landscapes, where it is completely different when it comes to portraits. At least for me, since learning to focus on landscapes, its quite hard to transition to portraits and focus on all the little details.

But yours are nice! :encouragement:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back