D300

Ejazzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
who's got one?
and how do you like it?

i have one and i absolutely LOVE it!!!!!

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Very nice so far. Don't know too many tricks, but then again, I'm not in a very large circus.

I have one. I'm coming mostly off of a D100. (I have been renting a D200 for my sessions).

It's funny how it very quickly becomes "Yes, wow, SO much better than the D100 in every way, but still obviously just a D100+++".

Just for grins I took out the D100 again and took some shots... the thing is STILL a killer camera. Funny.

Can't beat the battery time improvement over the D200 though... wow. It's funny but thats like the one thing that none of the reviews seem to talk about, but its basically 3x the battery life, and that's huge.

Anyway, very happy I picked it up.

I absolutely love mine. Yesterday I shot some photos with my old D50 and difference is dramatic.

The weight of the D300 is perfect with 50mm attached is perfect compared to the D50 with 50mm attached. The viewer size on the D50 is so disappointing when used to the D300's. Oh man, I have to stop this list... it could go on and on and there is no way I could do it justice. LOL

Do a search on this and over on the Nikonian.org site. The thousands of posts that would answer your question will keep you occupied for a few months... lol.

Now explain to me how this is "beyond the basics"?

Now explain to me how this is "beyond the basics"?

I wondered about that too, but then I thought "Hey... the D300 is the mac daddy! Nowhere near the basics!" ;)

after a D40 and a D80, my D300 came home about a month ago.....awesome camera, and much to learn :D

I love this camera more everyday I have it. shhh don't tell my fiance

Love mine.

As soon as Thom starts accepting orders again, I will getting his Complete Guide to the D300. There are so many customizable settings that aren't fully explained (IMO) with the user manual.

yeah i read the WHOLE manual and i am still figuring new things out everyday.

so where would this thread be appropriately be located jerry?

I am selling my Sigma "BigMa" so a couple of weekends ago weekend I took the lens to a zoo to take some shots with the D300 so I could show folks what the lens can do.

Yesterday, I took the same lens out wity my D40 to show what it can do with a cheap camera...

HOLY COW!

I mean, I didn't expect to actually be able to see much difference in image quality, but it is STARTLING to see how much better the D300's pictures look than the D40... and the D40 (for all of its other faults) does take fantastic quality images.

Just go buy one. You won't regret it.

would love to see the difference! :mrgreen:

I replaced the D200 with the D300 a few months ago.
The first thing that struck me was the lack of noise up to 1600 (didn't yet try higher).

I love her! :)

so where would this thread be appropriately be located jerry?

Photographic discussions or beginners or off-topic chat, anyone of which would be better choices IMHO.

There is nothing tecnical, nothing advanced, and nothing beyond the basics about the question "who has a D300". :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back